- Opportunity Type
- Training - Workshops
- Atlanta, GA
- Mar 23, 2020
- Apr 18, 2020
Emerging Leaders Of Color
To promote representative leadership and equity in the arts, 11 to 13 cultural workers and arts administrators located in seven states in the southern region will be selected for this partnership program between South Arts and our colleague Regional Arts Organization WESTAF (Western States Arts Federation). Building on the success of WESTAF’s ELC program which has been attracting, training, networking and promoting a new generation of diverse arts leaders since 2010, the South Arts program will serve to advance Southern vitality through the arts through leadership development.
Who is this program designed for?
Candidates will meet the following criteria:
- With some exceptions, be under the age of 35
- Have less than ten years of experience working in the arts
- Self-identify as a person of color
- Are employed as a cultural worker, arts/cultural programs administrator or be a significantly arts-interested community member such as a volunteer or a public official (the program is not designed to serve individual artists.)
- Have not had an opportunity to participate in high-quality professional development sessions
- Is a current resident of the following states in the South Arts region (Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee)
This inaugural convening will include between 11 and 13 participants, whose expenses are paid. At least one participant from each of these seven states will be selected.
What does the program offer?
- Selected individuals will participate in a 3-day, 2-night executive-level professional development and team-building workshop at no cost to themselves. The program is designed to:
- Build a cohort of cultural leaders of color in the southeastern United States who are committed to the advancement of the arts.
- Engage diverse emerging leaders in coursework and activities designed to strengthen competencies and prepare participants for leadership positions in the field.
- Provide opportunities for promising arts professionals to establish networks that support their careers and the cultural interests of the communities they represent and serve.
- Deepen participants’ understanding of the arts in the United States and how public support sustains the vibrancy of the sector.
Application deadline: Friday, April 17, 2020
Applicant Notification: Mid-May, 2020
Program Dates: July 8-10, 2020 in Atlanta, GA
To Learn More and To Apply: https://www.southarts.org/convenings-and-conferences/emerging-leaders-color/