- Opportunity Type
- Jobs - Full-Time
- Chattahoochee Hills, GA
- Feb 11, 2020
- Mar 31, 2020
Are You All In?:
What makes Serenbe Playhouse different from every other job you’re applying for? We produce groundbreaking, immersive theater that is breaking barriers in the theater industry. That also means we work outdoors, we sometimes work strange schedules, and everything we do is entrepreneurial and team oriented. The candidate for this position should be willing to be a team player and jump in to help however is needed. Whether it is meeting donors, hanging decorations for opening night, or directing traffic to park in a rain storm, our Development Director is part of the team. If that doesn’t sound like you, we get it, and wish you the best in your next position. To confirm your involvement, please include the phrase “I AM ALL IN” in your cover letter or email. Any applications not including this detail may be ignored.
Individual Donor Solicitation & Management (40%)
- Manage execution of Patron and other individual giving solicitations in both print and digital formats, assisting with conception and design, and overseeing printing and mailing
- Assist Managing Director with all aspects of individual gift solicitations including efforts to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors
- Effectively execute gift processing, including gift data entry and donor acknowledgement, and ensure gifts are accounted for correctly and reconciled with finance
- Utilize tracking systems to keep databases and donor records current and complete.
- Manage and execute all donor benefits and communications.
Events & Fundraisers (25%)
- Take lead in managing production of all Serenbe Playhouse fundraising events, including Annual Gala and Season Announcement.
- In collaboration with the Managing and Artistic Director, assist in planning event programs and selecting event themes.
- Curate and manage all event invitation lists with oversight from the Managing Director and Board
- Ensure the success of overall event logistics in service of positive donor relations
- Help oversee event auctions and fundraising activities, overseeing solicitation of items and fulfillment
- Plan and brainstorm new fundraising events and initiatives.
Sponsorships and In-Kind Giving (10%)
- Work with Managing Director and board to help identify and solicit corporate sponsorships
- Manage and execute any donor benefits and communications.
- Help develop sponsor solicitation materials, both in print and in digital
Grants and Foundations (10%)
- Work with Managing Director to complete grant and foundation applications and report
- Manage grant timelines and keep track of report deadlines and schedules
- Work to find new opportunities for grant and foundation funding at local, regional and national levels.
General Administration (15%)
- Work with Managing Director on budget development and income/expense monitoring
- Develop cost-efficient, creative, and effective ways of increasing net revenue for events and campaigns
- Monitor and report on progress toward projected goals
- Provide regular assessment/analysis and troubleshooting as needed
- Help strategize new ways to increase revenue
- Perform other development-related duties as directed.
Required Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Goal-oriented self-starter with a demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Detail-oriented, focused work ethic
- Experience in development, communications, grant writing or event planning within a theater or performing arts organization
- Ability to interact with people of all backgrounds and beliefs
- Computer literate, with previous experience with Windows and Microsoft office
- Experience with Database and CRM platforms is preferable
- Willingness to sometimes work outdoors and in various terrains and weather conditions including extreme heat and humidity, rain, and cold climates
- Must be able to lift upward of 50lbs and be attentive for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to provide exceptional guest and customer service in conditions that are not ideal.
- BA/BS or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 3+ years of development or event planning experience, preferably in a performing arts venue.
Available to work extended hours and weekends when necessary.
Salary competitive; excellent benefits. E-mail cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line “Development Director Search”. NO CALLS PLEASE.
The Serenbe Institute for Art, Culture, & the Environment is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.