- Opportunity Type
- Atlanta, GA
- Feb 4, 2020
- Mar 11, 2020
Partners for Change Applications
Partners in Action cohort members participating in ROOTS Weekend: Richmond, April 2017. Photo: Jasmine Roberts.
Partners for Change Applications Open Today, Due March 10 at 5pm EST
We at Alternate ROOTS are thrilled to introduce our newest partnership program – and first multi-year funding initiative – Partners for Change. Listen to or read an overview of the program HERE.
Through Partners for Change, ROOTS will provide funding to artists, cultural workers, and small organizations of color to deepen our investment in strengthening the network of artists, communities, and partnerships in support of a progressive southern movement. Partners for Change will provide provide $25,000/year over three years (for a total of $75,000) as well as matching dollars in technical assistance, support, and peer learning to six projects led by artists, art collectives, and small arts organizations of color, that imagine and practice more racially just systems and structures.
Partners for Change is co-designed in partnership with the Surdna Foundation and builds off the success of Partners in Action, its predecessor the Community/Artists Partnership Program, as well as the decades-long Resources for Social Change work of the ROOTS membership.
Interested in Partners for Change? Please read ALL of the following before applying:
- Get the program overview and eligibility requirements HERE.
- Read Partners for Change: What am I Getting Into? to learn about the program’s partnership philosophy and practices.
- Go through the three-part application process – which includes technical assistance calls and free proposal coaching – HERE.
- Application Open: Monday, February 3, 2020
- Proposal Coaching Requests Due: February 5-March 5, 2020
- Technical Assistance Calls:
- Office hours with Ashley Walden Davis, Director of Strategic Partnerships: Tuesday, February 18, 10 am-4 pm EST. Call direct line: 404-975-185, ext. 304.
- Draft Proposal Due*: Thursday, March 5, 2020, by 5 pm EST
- Proposal Coaching Ends: Sunday, March 8, 2020
- Final Application Due: Tuesday, March 10, 2020, by 5 pm EST
- Notification of Community Visits: Monday, May 4, 2020
- Decline Notifications: Monday, May 11, 2020
- Community Visits: May 15 – June 30, 2020
- Final Notifications: Thursday, July 30, 2020
*Draft proposals are optional but highly encouraged.
Partners for Change: Proposal Support
Because we believe that proposal writing should not be a barrier to artists accessing funding, we offer our members several different supports during the proposal development process including Conversations of Intent, Technical Assistance Calls, and Proposal Coaching. Learn all about these proposal supports on our How to Apply page.
Contact Ashley Walden Davis, Director of Strategic Partnerships at email@example.com or call the office at 404-577-1079 ext. 304.