- Opportunity Type
Grant For Professional Development and Artistic Planning
This grant program provides assistance for a wide-range of professional development opportunities supporting resources needed to succeed in the work of presenting. In the past, these grants have been used for:
- traveling to see the work of artists being considered for future presentations, or to expand the presenters’ knowledge of an artform;
- participating in a significant professional development opportunity; and
- hosting an artist planning visit.
The maximum request is 50% of the travel expenses, up to $1,000. Awarded funds are disbursed on a reimbursement basis only. Applications are due at least 60 days prior to the event. An application may be submitted to support multiple staff members or artists (up to the maximum request of $1,000 total).
- Presenting organizations are limited to one Professional Development and Artistic Planning grant per South Arts fiscal year.
- All activities must take place between July 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020.
- Professional Development and Artistic Planning grant applications must be submitted online at least 60 days prior to the activities.
- Applications are only accepted for new opportunities that organizations, under normal circumstances, are unable to attend. Proposed projects must support or relate to the applicant’s work as a presenter.
- Individual artists are not eligible to apply; applications must be submitted by the presenting organization affiliated with the artistic planning visit.
- All applicants are required to contact Nikki Estes at 404-874-7244 ext. 16 to discuss eligibility prior to submitting an application.