- Opportunity Type
- Jobs - Full-Time
- Atlanta, GA
The position reports to the Managing Director and works closely with the Artistic Director and Board of Directors.
Full time 40 hours a week nights and weekends sometimes required.
Receives paid vacation and sick leave pursuant to AE employee policies as a full-time salaried employee. Full-time position also includes full health insurance coverage.
Areas of Responsibility
- With the Managing Director and Board Development Committee set a fundraising strategy with targets for individual donors, corporate support and institutional gifts.
- Write grant narratives, collect supporting material and create grant reports
- Coordinate and execute annual fund activities including mailings, emails, matching campaigns etc.
- Input and track all donations in our online data base – Spektrix
- Compile and send tax acknowledgement letters weekly
- Manage donor relationships and ensure donor benefits are realized.
- Support special fundraising programs including major gifts, special events, capital giving and planned giving.
- Engage staff with fundraising programs and regularly report on fundraising process.
- Engage with patrons and donors as an ambassador for the theatre in public convening’s, during performances at AE and through professional development opportunities
- The applicant must be a strong technical writer able to passionately represent the work of the theatre in grant applications, fundraising appeals and online appeals.
- The applicant must demonstrate an ability to efficiently organize their work flow, managing multiple projects at once and adhering to strict deadlines.
- The applicant should be self-starting, always ready to take on new projects.
- The applicant should be intellectually curious, committed to supporting and exploring new artistic voices, new programs and new ways of fundraising.
Actor’s Express is deeply committed to diversity and strongly encourages women and people of color to apply.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, send a cover letter, resume and sample of your work to Managing Director Alex Scollon at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.