- Opportunity Type
- Jobs - Part-Time
- Film & Video
- Atlanta, GA
Our Community Relations Department is crucial in communicating our mission and message globally. As the Designer you will work directly with the Community Relations Director to create and manage visual branding & assets for the Atlanta Film Society & Atlanta Film Festival that supports our message across all channels (print, web, video, etc….). Thus, we require only serious and professional candidates apply, as you will have direct influence in maintaining and articulating our visual identity.
- Reports to and works with Community Relations Director to develop creative for promotion and marketing of events and initiatives
- Oversees day-to-day branding activity
- Responsible for overseeing the planning and execution of all design related efforts and projects, including, but not limited to:
- Festival Program Guide
- Graphics for Website, Social Media & Email Campaigns
- Ordering and Managing Print Material
- Street Team Strategy & Coordination
- Graphic Assets for Video
- Graphic Needs For:
- Annual Atlanta Film Festival & Creative Conference
- Screenplay Competition
- Year-Round Screenings, Events & Parties
- Workshops & Classes
- Eat, Drink & B-Indie
- Other Programs as assigned
- Works with and assists Community Relations Director with training and management of design contractors, associates & interns
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator a must.
- Experience with Adobe After Effect desired but not required.
- Basic knowledge of GSuite & Microsoft Office
- Strong visual design skills
- Strong passion for Atlanta.
- Amazing organizational skills and ability to manage time effectively.
- Must be proactive, willing to take initiative, communicative, and able to work with minimal supervision and a limited budget—a very limited budget.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize effectively, anticipate needs and respond to last-minute requests.
- Positive attitude and flexibility.
- Similar experience and an interest in film/the arts preferred.
- Ability to work well in team settings and provide support, as needed, to other ATLFS departments.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Special mutant powers a plus, but not required.
TIMEFRAME & HOURS
This is a part-time contractor position with hours expected to be an average of 16 hours per week, with full-time schedule 2 months leading up to the festival, mid-March through mid-May. Schedules and work days are designed to provide as much flexibility as possible while still having some common in-office days.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- $15,000 Gross Annual Salary
- Availability to work from home
- Flexibility in Schedule
- Relaxed work environment
- Does not offer or include any health insurance, but does offer access to discounted supplemental insurance
If you are interested in a staff position with ATLFS, please email a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position as the subject line (one at a time, please) and your résumé attached.
The Atlanta Film Society, in accordance with applicable federal and state law, is an equal-opportunity employer that seeks an inclusive and representative staff and particularly welcomes applications from women and diverse ethnicities. The Atlanta Film Society does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy/childbirth, medical condition, disability, age, ancestry, marital status, citizenship or veteran status. This nondiscrimination policy covers all staff members, interns and volunteers.For full application information, click here.