- Opportunity Type
- Atlanta, GA
2019-2020 Atlanta Opera Studio Artist Auditions
To apply, fill out a YAP Tracker Resident Artist online application:
You do not need to be a paying subscriber to YAP Tracker to complete and submit the application form, although you will need an account (guest accounts are available; see the website for details). Registration can be completed at http://www.yaptracker.com
Audition Dates & Locations
- Atlanta, GA: November 21-22, 2019
- New York, NY: December 16-18, 2019
Call back auditions for the Atlanta auditions will be held on Friday, Nov 22 in the afternoon. Call back auditions for the New York auditions will be held on Wednesday, Dec 18 in the afternoon. Singers must be available for the callback time to be considered.
Application Materials Required
- Application form
- Professional headshot
- Application fee
- Audition repertoire
- Singers: 3-5 recorded selections (audio or visual)
- Pianists: 3 recordings (audio or visual)
- Stage Directors: A list of references from qualified opera professionals, portfolio (photo or video)
- Singers: prepare 4-6 arias in contrasting styles and languages
- Pianists: A brief solo piece of your choice, Carmen Quintet, Le Nozze di Figaro – Act II Finale, “Si, mi chiamano Mimi” from La bohème, Das Rheingold – Scene 1 – pp. 9 – 33 and Scene 3 (beginning) pp. 135-137 – Peters edition. Please be prepared to play and sing all of the excerpts. You may also be asked to sight read
- Stage Directors: The Atlanta Opera Studio is accepting applications for its Stage Director position in the Studio Artist Program. The Studio Artist Stage Director will have the opportunity to work alongside leading international directors, conductors and singers. He or she will work closely with production and artistic staff on all aspects of the company’s annual productions.
Please send all required elements to:
Wade Thomas – Artistic Services & Studio Manager
The Atlanta Opera
1575 Northside Drive, NE, Ste. 350
Atlanta, GA 30318
Please address questions to Wade Thomas at email@example.com.
No phone calls please.