- Opportunity Type
- Jobs - Part-Time
- Atlanta, GA
- Sep 6, 2019
- Sep 20, 2019
AMP Senior Youth Accompanist
THE ATLANTA MUSIC PROJECT
ANNOUNCES JOB OPENING FOR
AMP SENIOR YOUTH CHOIR ACCOMPANIST
AMP Center for Performance and Education
Part-Time, Hourly Position, Starting September 2019
Statement of Job:
In alignment with the Atlanta Music Project’s (AMP) mission, the AMP Senior Youth Choir Accompanist will accompany the AMP Senior Youth choir for rehearsals during after-school hours, and periodic public performances in alignment with AMP’s mission.
- Understand and represent the AMP philosophies for uplifting youths, families and communities through the pursuit of musical excellence
- Accompany at least 10 performances of AMP Senior Youth Choirs
- Accompany at least two choral rehearsals a week
Ideal candidate will possess:
- Passion for music as a vehicle for positive social change
- Experience accompanying choral ensembles
- Advanced sight reading skills
- Ability to improvise, perform various genres
- Ability to inspire, work with and mentor youths ages 12 and up in a diverse environment
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Music (Piano Performance a plus)
- Excellent inter-personal skills and be comfortable working in a team
- Ability to adapt, be flexible and have a sense of humor
Notes: Pay rate is $30/hour for accompanying. Must be available Thursdays from 6:30pm to 8:30pm and Saturdays 8:30am to 11:00am. All rehearsals to take place at the AMP Center for Performance and Education, located at 883 Dill Avenue, SW Atlanta, GA 30310. Background check required.
To Apply: Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “AMP Senior Youth Choir Accompanist” by September 20, 2019. Accompanist auditions and interviews will be held on a rolling basis.
It is the policy of the Atlanta Music Project not to discriminate against any applicant for
employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.