- Opportunity Type
- Atlanta, GA
Music Theatre Intensive
Dates: June 11 - 13, 2019
Grades: 9 - 12
Cost: $275 for 3 days
Do you love musical theatre? Want to hone your skills in acting, singing, dancing and more? Or perhaps, you’d like to develop your production and technical skills behind the scenes.
The ArtsBridge 3-Day Music Theatre Intensive gives high school students the opportunity to work with theatre professionals in a concentrated workshop environment, provides experiential skills both on and off the stage, and culminates in a final, student-produced showcase.
This intensive will focus on two separate tracks: Performance and Technical.
The Performance Track, comprised of Acting the Song, Dance Technique, Ensemble Work, Audition Preparation, and Business Skills sessions, will culminate with a student-led showcase performance of student work, and is comprised of an auditioned cast of 25.
Performance Track Audition Requirements:
- Headshot & Performance Resume
- Teacher Recommendation/ Letter of Reference
- Video files #1 and #2: Two 16-bar excerpts from two different songs from standard musical theatre repertoire with piano accompaniment. One excerpt should be from an up-tempo song, and one should come from a ballad or slow song.
- Video file #3 (optional): Applicants with dance experience should include a one-minute sample of movement or dance representative of skill level (include pirouettes, jumps and any type of acrobatic movements).
The Technical Track will offer students the ability to work in all areas of Design (Costume, Prop, Lighting, Sound, and Set), and to be assigned one leadership role based on his/her interest, and will be comprised of a crew of 25.
Technical Track Requirements:
- Two Letters of Reference
- Portfolio of Technical Work (Optional)
Those interested in participating in the intensive must submit either an audition and application for the performance track or an application for the technical track.