- Opportunity Type
- Jobs - Contract
- Film & Video
- Atlanta, GA
Teaching Artist needed for re:imagine/ATL teen film fellowship program
Background: re:imagine/ATL’s mission is to empower the next generation of storytellers through film and digital media. Our programs unite youth from diverse backgrounds while teaching workforce development skills, creating access to high-demand career pathways, forging industry relationships, and nurturing untold stories within the greater community.
No Comment Fellowship: This program is designed to take young filmmakers’ storytelling to the next level in preparation for college and career placement. The NoCo Fellowship provides teens with direct contact to industry professional teachers and mentors, and builds a collaborative environment for teens to work in that imbues the importance of community, responsibility, and productivity. It provides structure, guidance, a network, and tools for teens to develop and produce their own content successfully.
Description: As a part-time employee position, the Teaching Artist plays a supports the Senior Producer and students directly. The Teaching Artist takes on a variety of roles including teacher, producer, editor, coach and mentor. The Teaching Artist should have demonstrated experience in media and audio production and be passionate about teaching high school students.
We are looking for someone who can create a safe learning environment to foster pro-social development, modeling positive behavior, and supporting participant accomplishments, no matter how large or small. Candidates must be committed to ongoing professional development as an arts practitioner and educator. The Teaching Artist supports re:imagine/ATL Senior Producer for the No Comment Fellowship and reports directly to the Program Director.
● Up to 25 hours per week:
○ No Comment sessions (two 6-hour instructional days during summer) and after school during school year. Production days will be longer and scheduled in advance.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
● Help students learn to become self sufficient filmmakers (script/story development, pre-production, production, editing)
● Submit participant (student + volunteer) attendance, and evaluation data points other documents in a timely manner for No Comment
● Coordinate and schedule volunteers to assist students (communicate requests with Admin Manager)
● Coordinate with students to schedule meetings, film shoots, etc via GroupMe
● Track student progress with their project
● Allow students to verbally share learning experiences at each sessions
● Plan and establish a safe learning environment for all participants and artists
● Participate in pre-plan and post-planning meetings with co-teaching artists, staff, and or mentors
● Document session agenda and successes and challenges for each session and share with team
● Generate weekly session reports related to lessons, concerns, attendance, and facility issues
● Experience with songwriting and sound design is a plus
● Adhere to guidelines & policies, reporting any incidents or problems as outlined to US leadership and school or camp management
● Be a positive role model to student
● Skilled in following disciplines; audio and film production process, Adobe Premiere editing, camera operation, lighting, production sound, podcasting, budgeting, and scheduling
● Experience teaching and working with high school students
We’re Looking For Someone Who Is:
● Experience working in a startup environment
Type: Part-time employee
Reports to: Senior Producer and Program Director
Compensation: $22/hr up to 25 hours per week
Environment: Must have reliable transportation, phone, computer and internet access.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and at least two professional reference contacts to HR@reimagineatl.com.
Cover letter should include the following:
● Something interesting about you that tells us about your personality
● Why you think this position is a good fit, given the criteria above