- Opportunity Type
- Calls for Artists
- Athens, GA
- Feb 19, 2019
- Apr 1, 2019
Call for Public Art - Cooperative Extension Center
The Athens Cultural Affairs Commission (ACAC) invites professional artists to submit a proposal and images of a visual public art concept for the Cooperative Extension Service Building project in Athens, Georgia. The selected artist(s) will work with the ACAC and government staff to create public art that enhances the project and complements the site
Final Proposal Submissions:
All proposals must be submitted to Athens-Clarke County’s online system of calls for entry, care of the Athens Cultural Affairs Commission. Instructions will be posted online at: www.athensculturalaffairs.org/calls-for-artists/
All of the following must accompany your submission to be considered by a citizen selection panel:
- Artist(s) contact information, including your name(s), mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail. Please do not identify the artist(s) on the public art concept or description (including links to website), so that the selection process is anonymous.
- A resume of your credentials and related experience.
- List three (3) people we may contact for professional references, with their contact information.
- A title and description of your public art concept. Include a materials list, any needs for special equipment or the like, and a timeline for producing and installing the artwork. Provide enough detail to support your images and budget.
- Up to five (5) images of your proposed design, annotated with image descriptions such as perspective, scale, etc. May include additional detail images, if needed. The media chosen to convey your design(s) is up to your discretion, whether hand-drawn, computer generated, digital media, or photograph examples including previous work. However, all designs must be uploaded as a digital image to the application website.
- A budget that details all costs to execute the artwork including, but not limited to, design, materials, fabrication, installation including foundation/supports, insurance, travel and artist’s fees.
- Please indicate your interest in mentoring a local artist as part of the project.
Application Deadline: Friday, March 15, 2019, 11:59 p.m.