- Opportunity Type
- Jobs - Part-Time
- Atlanta, GA
Play Art Music Teacher
Gymboree class teachers lead dynamic adult/child interactive classes for newborns through 4 years old that build children's cognitive, social and physical skills. Designed by child development experts, each of our class levels focuses on and supports the specific developmental milestones children are working on at their age.
- Starting at $13/hr plus performance bonuses
- Permanent weekly part-time schedule
- Great experience in early childhood education
- Permanent positions only - we'd like a minimum of a 1 year commitment
- College grads
- Current Master's Degree candidates
- Stay-at-home parents - schedule is consistent so conducive for childcare arrangement
- Singers and performers
- Anyone who loves babies and toddlers!
Our detailed lesson plans have been designed by early childhood think tanks, along with Gymboree Corporate Headquarters, but we also allow for you to be creative and spontaneous once you have developed a core competency in the structure. We look for a fun, outgoing personality that comes out while you are teaching. As well, music and singing are a big part of our classes, so you do need to be able to carry a tune.
We provide paid training, support, and motivation to help you grow and succeed. Employees are thoroughly trained in the Gymboree Method of Teaching, and child development. Teachers start in our core Gymboree class program and add other programs after they master the basics. Our other programs include Gymboree Music, Gymboree Art, Family Classes, & School Skills.
The Gymboree Teacher position is a part-time position. Expect to work 12-20 hours per week. While there is flexibility in the assigning of work schedules, consistency in working assigned work segments is essential. You will develop relationships with the adults and children who come to your classes and they look forward with excitement to seeing their regular teacher each week!
- 2 permanent teaching segments per week (you can teach more if you'd like!)
- 1 segment must be either Saturday or Sunday mornings on a regular basis, i.e. every Sat. morning or every Sun. morning
- 3 birthday parties per month (you can teach more if you'd like!)
We are hiring for all of our Atlanta locations - Toco Hills, Sandy Springs/Buckhead, and Johns Creek . Employees will be assigned to teaching segments at two or more of these locations based on their availability and our open segments, as well as where they geographically live. Most teaching segments go from approximately 9:00 am. to anywhere from 1:00 - 3:00 pm. Having more flexibility for locations will give you more opportunities to teach. You do need to have full use of your own car for this position - public transportation is not convenient to our locations and you need the flexibility of getting to work for different teaching segments and parties.
Before responding to our post, please go to www.gymboreeclasses.com to get a feel for what we do. If you feel you are a perfect fit, we look forward to receiving your application.