- Opportunity Type
- Calls for Artists
- Atlanta, GA
- Jan 9, 2019
- Jan 31, 2019
Submissions to 2019 Atlanta Fringe Festival
WHAT IS ATLANTA FRINGE?
Atlanta Fringe is an annual performing arts festival whose mission is to create artistic opportunity and provide an accessible platform for self-producing performers to entertain Atlanta with adventurous content and diverse voices. Fringe is for artists who want to produce or present something weird and offbeat, something they want to workshop, something tried-and-true, or something so strange it just wouldn’t fit into any other festival. We accept any theatrical genre, from puppetry to comedy to dance to cabaret to drama to undefinable, genre-defying weirdness!
WHAT DO I GET AS A PERFORMER IN ATLANTA FRINGE?
- 3 minutes to preview your show at the Opening Party on Wednesday June 5, 2019
- 4 scheduled performances at the 2019 Atlanta Fringe Festival, June 6-9, 2019
- 85% of your box office revenue, after applicable taxes
- A venue that matches your venue requests as best as we are able
- Professional technicians to set levels and cues at your scheduled technical rehearsal and one board operator for each performance.
- Box office and front-of-house services
- Listings in official schedules and festival catalog
- Inclusion in press announcements sent to major media outlets, with potential inclusion in photo and interview requests from local media when applicable
- Individual show page on AtlantaFringe.org, plus inclusion on all our social media outlets and in select emails
- Free passes to see other shows in the festival
- Opportunity to win cash awards
- Constructive feedback about your production from judges (as part of the Critics’ Choice Award) delivered after the festival. Judges consist of professional performers, playwrights, educators, journalists, and more.
HOW ARE ARTISTS SELECTED?
Our festival is unjuried. Your application will be placed in a lottery and drawn at random. But in the interest of ensuring that our lineup reflects the geographic, artistic, and demographic diversity of our applicants, we will reserve the last four slots. After reviewing the first 20 drawn, we’ll use the final four as safety in case, for example, we have too many solo shows, no local acts, or are heavily represented by a single demographic. We will continue to draw randomly, but will take those elements into account. In past years, we have not needed to use this safety net, but we have the policy in place just in case. Once all performance slots are filled, we continue to draw randomly to create a waiting list.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Fill out the application form at http://atlantafringe.org/application-agreement-2019/ and then pay the $25.87 application fee. If you do not pay the fee, your application will be considered incomplete and will not be in the lottery drawing. If selected in the lottery, you then pay a $250 production fee.