- Opportunity Type
- Calls for Artists
- Athens, GA
- Jan 3, 2019
- Jan 27, 2019
Call for Public Art - Hot Corner: An Athens Legacy
The Athens Cultural Affairs Commission (ACAC) invites professional artists to submit a proposal and images of a mural concept for consideration in the Hot Corner: An Athens Legacy project in Athens. Georgia. The selected artist(s) will work with the ACAC and Athens-Clarke County government staff to create public art that enhances the project and complements the selected site.
Final Proposal Submissions:
All proposals must be submitted to Athens-Clarke County’s online system of calls for entry. All of the following must accompany your submission to be considered by the citizen selection panel:
- Contact information, including your name(s), mailing address, telephone number, and email. Please do not submit any other proposal items that would directly identify you to the selection panel (including links to website).
- Your resume, including design credentials and related experience.
- The contact information of three (3) professional references.
- A title and description of your mural concept for this project. include a materials list, any needs for special equipment or the like, and a timeline for producing and installing the artwork. Provide enough detail to support your images and budget.
- Up to five (5) images of your proposed design, annotated with image descriptions such as perspective, scale, etc. May include additional detail images, if needed. The media chosen to convey the proposed design(s) is up to your discretion, whether hand-drawn, computer generated, digital media, or photograph examples including previous work. However, all designs must be uploaded as a digital image to the application website. If possible, use the photos provided in Attachment 1 to create a mockup of how your design will appear on the wall.
- A budget that details all costs related to the proposed artwork including, but not limited to, design, materials, installation, insurance, travel and artist’s fees
- Please indicate your interest in mentoring a local artist as part of the project.
Deadline to Apply is Sunday, January 27, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.