- Opportunity Type
- Calls for Artists
- Atlanta, GA
- Dec 4, 2018
- Dec 25, 2018
2019 Festival Submissions Are OPEN!
SUBMISSIONS ARE OPEN!
Submissions are open for the Fourth Annual Atlanta Musical Theatre Festival! The inaugural Festival in 2016 was a huge success, and the Festival has grown in each subsequent year. In total, AMTF has showcased 11 brand new musicals, over 9 days, exposing more than 1,200 patrons to these new works.
- 10 minutes or more of music material from an UNPRODUCED full-length musical
- Audio recording required in Mp3 format
- Basic recordings will be considered (iPhone, etc), but professional recordings are suggested
- Completed script required in PDF format
- 1-2 page synopsis of show in PDF format
- Headshots and Bios of Writing & Creative Team are suggested, as well as any other material you feel might give you a better chance of being selected.
- Upload all files to 1 Dropbox folder and send to Submissions@TheAMTF.com (Be sure to include contact information)
If selected, you will be responsible for:
- Cast & Musicians (or professional accompaniment tracks)
- Creative Team (Including Director, Music Director, Stage Manager)
- Rehearsal Space & Time
- Travel and Housing in Atlanta for Cast, Musicians, & Creative Team for 1 week in July or August (Dates TBA)
- Producers Representative (to maintain contact with AMTF Production Manager and Executive Artistic Director)
- Funding of your project, including (but not limited to) paying actors, designers, directors, musicians, as well as MINIMAL set, costumes and props. While we cover the cost of the venue, sound and lighting equipment, marketing and press, as well as other miscellaneous expenses, you are in charge of producing your show at the Festival.
If selected, you will receive:
- 1 guaranteed performance in a professional Atlanta theater (Dates TBA)
- Marketing materials (including show graphic, show poster, promotional photos, production photos and Festival wide program) as well as access to press outlets, which may result in interviews, features, and reviews for your production
- Access to professional sound & lighting equipment
- Access to a professional light board operator and sound board operator
- Professional archival recording
- Industry feedback
Submissions Deadline: February 1st2019