- Opportunity Type
- Atlanta, GA
Performing Arts Touring
The Performing Arts Touring program is an opportunity for presenting arts organizations in South Arts’ nine-state region to receive fee support to present Southern performing artists from outside of the presenter’s state. Touring support is awarded to theatre, music, opera, musical theatre, and dance projects that contain both a public performance and an educational component. These grants are limited and very competitive. The maximum request is 50% of the artist fee, up to $7,500 for dance projects or $5,000 for all other projects.
Projects must take place between July 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020.
- Only nonprofit and governmental presenting organizations in South Arts’ nine-state region are eligible to apply. South Arts’ nine-state region includes Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
- Presenting organizations must have not-for-profit, tax-exempt status or be an official unit of local, county or state government. For nonprofit presenters, tax-exempt status will be verified by a third party entity. Governmental presenters must provide proof of government status. South Arts does not accept applications from fiscal agents for this grant program.
- All applicants must have a DUNS number. Applications will not be accepted from organizations that do not have a DUNS number. More about DUNS numbers and how to get one >>
- All applicants must have a readiness plan. Applications will not be accepted from organizations that do not provide the required description of the readiness plan. Learn more about how this impacts your application review >>
- Eligible projects must take place in South Arts’ nine-state region. Unless there are special circumstances, projects should take place in the presenter’s state (please contact South Arts to discuss special conditions).
- Eligible projects must include the engagement of an artist or company that resides in South Arts’ region, excluding the applicant’s state. Please note the following exemption for touring within state boundaries: In-state touring is allowed for Southern artists residing at least 400 miles away from the applicant’s location. Need help finding a Southern artist? Go here >> and here >>
- Presenters cannot receive funding for artists who reside in the presenter’s state (i.e., a Georgia nonprofit organization cannot apply for funding to present a Georgia artist).
- Presenters are limited to one Performing Arts Touring grant application per South Arts fiscal year.
- Presenters who have failed to submit final reports for any previous South Arts grant by the application deadline for this program will not be considered for funding in this grant cycle.
- Presenters who fail to properly acknowledge South Arts’ AND the National Endowment for the Arts’ support in programs and press materials may not be considered for additional funding.
Performing Arts Touring applications must be submitted online by Monday, March 4, 2019 by 11:59 PM ET.