- Opportunity Type
- Calls for Artists
- Dunwoody, GA
- Jul 20, 2020
- Aug 9, 2020
Spruill’s Annual Outdoor Art Installation
The installation will be on the side of the “Smoke House” on the Spruill Gallery grounds located at 4681 Ashford Dunwoody Road, facing the intersection of Ashford Dunwoody Road and Meadow Lane in Dunwoody, GA, in the Perimeter Mall area. Among other works, the space has been home to artist Jason Kofke’s “Everything Will Be OK” mural which has been onsite since 2009. View the full prospectus HERE
All submissions must include the following:
- A letter of intent, not to exceed two pages or 500 words, which includes a description of your past work and the proposed theme and/or ideas of your approach to this project. Designs and sketches encouraged. Please include your contact information.
- Up to 10 visual representations (digital) of your past, successful projects that demonstrate your skills and ability to successfully work with stakeholders to create a mural or art installation. Include an annotated image key to correspond with each image describing the pictured site and scale of the project. Describe the media used and the application process.
- A current resume including artwork/art education or CV. Three pages maximum.
- This email submission process requires that all application images and materials be submitted in digital format. Please use a standard ‘Word.doc” or PDF format for all written documents. All images, drawings and diagrams should be created in a standard JPEG format (no larger than 8” X 10” at 300 DPI). Individual emails should not exceed 10 MB. If you send multiple emails to accommodate your submission, please label them in the subject area of your email with your last name and the sequence. (Example: Spruill AMPLIFY, Smith 1 of 3)
- Submissions must be received at the following email address by 5:00 pm EST, August 8, 2020: email@example.com
Winner will receive:
- $5000 award
- $1000 materials stipend for the installation
- Week-long stay at Dunwoody’s Residence Inn during installation
- Dunwoody Restaurant Welcome Package including Alon’s, Breadwinner Café, Café Intermezzo, Cinnaholic, E. 48th Street Market, El Azteca, NFA Burger, Novo Cucina, Porter Q, Village Burger, and Vino Venue
August 8: Submission Due
August 14: Finalists will be notified
August 29: Final proposal due
September 8: Winner will be selected
October 4-10: Winner will complete their onsite installation